You think you know but you have no idea.
When you assume that this is just a Levain-style chocolate chip cookie, you make a cookie “ass” out of you and me.
It’s the inside that matters.
Yes, I went there.
And, it started like this.
That led to me deciding that these would serve as a perfect baby shower favor. Now the only question is how many to put in one bag. Each cookie is quite hefty, which is perfect for those that want to die of an immediate sugar high right after the shower. Or those that want to kill themselves from baby shower boredom (I don’t fool myself into thinking that it’s fun just because it’s mine – that’s why we’ll serve liquor.)
I tested these at our neighborhood National Night Out and everyone LOVED it. I cannot stress LOVED enough. So much that one neighbor said these cookies were ‘sick’. It took me a while to realize it’s a good thing.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Covered Oreos
Recipe from Picky Palate (she is a genius)
– 2 sticks of unsalted butter, softened
– 3/4 cup light brown sugar
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 2 large eggs
– 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
– 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 10 oz bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips*
– 1 package of Double Stuffed Oreos
– Preheat oven to 350F.
– In a bowl or with your stand mixer, first beat your butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar.
– Add in the two large eggs and vanilla extract just until incorporated.
– Once the wet ingredients are mixed together well (be careful not to over mix), add the flour, salt and baking soda, and mix until combined.
– Add chocolate chips and stir.
– Once you have your chocolate chip cookie dough ready, take a cookie scoop and place one scoop of the dough on the top of the Oreo and one scoop on the bottom ( as pictured above).
– Press the dough down a bit without cracking the Oreo and once the sides of the chocolate chip cookie scoops meet, seal them together. Make sure the entire Oreo is covered with dough.
– Place each covered Oreo onto your baking sheet (I ran out of parchment paper so I used foil paper) and bake for approximately 9 – 13 minutes (12:30 minutes worked for me perfectly).
– Cool the cookie for about five (5) minutes before moving to a wire rack.
*When I repeat this, I will use less chocolate chips. My chocolate chips were actually in a 12 oz bag. So, next time, I’ll double the dough and use only one bag of 12 oz chocolate chips.
My batch made 21 perfect cookies.