I’ve told you some basics before (broccoli and rice), but this is a basic that everyone should know. Absolutely everyone. I have tried every which way (especially with pre-peeled garlic) to get this right,and most methods have failed – save this. You can just throw it in the oven while you are baking something else (savory, not sweet).
Versatile is an understatement when it comes to roasted garlic. I recently used this in a compound butter that I made and can’t wait to share. I’ve also used it in the past for mashed potatoes – my favorite way to eat mashed potatoes. And talk about a base for garlic bread. Or a baked potato. Geez Louise.
adapted from Simply Recipes
yields one head of roasted garlic
- 1 garlic bulb
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Peel away all outer layers of the garlic bulb.
- Place garlic bulb on a piece of foil paper large enough to cover the garlic bulb.
- Once you place the bulb on the foil, drizzle with olive oil over each exposed clove until fully covered. Cover up with the foil.
- Bake for 35 minutes, until the cloves are soft.
- Let the garlic fully cool before handling. Using your fingers, pinch out each clove from the skin.