I have had my fair share of pancake fails. Miserable fails usually dealing with add ons (i.e. bananas) usually result in an awkward mess and some cursing. With a baby that slept in for once in a blue moon, I woke up with a spring in my step and walked over to the kitchen to start our Saturday morning right.
And, it cannot get more right than chocolate chip pancakes. Binks’ favorite breakfast food has now become one of mine. While I am partial to eggs benedicts whenever I get breakfast, I always steal a couple of bites of Binks’ chocolate chip pancakes. I deem it the breakfast dessert to my savory eggs.
Although this dish is perfectly sweet and satisfying as it is, top it with pure maple syrup and the only thing lacking would be crawling back in my warm bed to eat more pancakes.
Chocolate Chip Pancakes
adapted from Allrecipes.com
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 and 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp butter, melted and cooled.
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, egg and butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir to thoroughly combine. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Heat lightly oiled pan over medium heat.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of the pancake batter and cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve hot with or without syrup.