After my sweet baby boy has come into my life, it’s rare that I find time to savor anything. Meals are hurried through so that I can get to something else that I need to do with him. Binks and I actually take turns eating sometimes so that we can hold our fussy baby. It’s a circus and I find myself longing for the days when I would sit down and enjoy my food. The days where I could spend 20, dare I say an hour, on a complete meal. These days, naps are short. But, long enough to grab one of these and savor all three bites.
The complete product is definitely more than the sum of its parts. Completely decadent and oh so easy to make. I was nervous about whether the use of cream cheese would add a tangy taste. It did not. These bite-sized treats are great when you want a chocolate treat without the fuss.
recipe from Allrecipes
- 1 (16 oz) package of Oreos
- 1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese, softened
- 2 packages (8 squares each) BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted over a double boiler
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Crush 9 Oreo cookies in a food processor until fine crumbs and set aside.
- Crush remaining cookies in the food processor and place in a bowl. Add the cream cheese and mix together until fully incorporated.
- Roll mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Chill in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Dip in melted chocolate and set on cookie sheet. The truffles will firm up and store in air-tight container in fridge.