So it’s snowing/icing in Dallas. You obviously know what that means? Schools closed. Empty roads. Cancelled appointments. Waking up at 9:00 a.m. And…most importantly. Pancakes!
But, not this day!
This day calls for pancakes. And I’m kickin’ it oat-style!
Look at that fluff!
And I thought – why not indulge a bit with the mini chocolate chips, raspberry drizzle, sunflower seeds and chia seeds.
I started on this side:
Oatmeal Pancakes – Vegan
adapted from here
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp turbinado sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup almond milk (or buttermilk or milk of choice)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax-seed and 3 tbsp warm water)
- Put all ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth consistency.
- Heat griddle/non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Lightly oil or spray with cooking spray.
- Pour about 1/4 cup or 1/2 cup (depending on your preference) into the pan and cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with your favorite topping.
- 1 – 12 oz bag – frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Pour entire bag of raspberries, sugar, lemon juice and water into saucepan.
- Heat over med-low heat until simmering.
- Simmer for 8 minutes, until the raspberries have broken down and the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from heat.
- Allow to cool (can be done the day ahead).
- You can strain it through a medium sieve/strainer or serve with the seeds.
I don’t mind the seeds. I use this sauce on my cheesecakes too – delicious!
What are you indulgences on a snow-day or a weekend morning?