As it continues to be cold (yes, even in Texas), I really do crave the comfort of a warm meal – at every meal. So, I put aside my love for salads and switch to soups. I put aside overnight oatmeal for the warm version. Then, when the warm version gets to be what’s on the menu everyday, I switch it up without losing the comfort of a warm meal. Enter – baked oatmeal!
Have you had baked oatmeal? It’s delicious. It’s a mix of oatmeal, cereal and dessert rolled up into one vegan breakfast! Well…vegan after I got a hold of it.
Start with the dry.
Mix in the wet.
Add in the fun.
Bake and there ya go!
Enjoy alone or if you’re like me, add a splash of So Delicious Coconut Milk (it’s one of my new favorites) and grab another square! 🙂
It was just as delicious the next day for breakfast!
Did I mention it’s vegan? Look at me go!
- 1.5 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup + 1 TBSP brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1/2 cup milk (I used the So Delicious coconut milk)
- 1 flax egg (or a real egg)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds (feel free to use whatever you want here)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix the oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking powder together in a large bowl.
- Add in apple sauce, milk, flax egg, vanilla extract and stir until combined.
- Add your mix-ins like cranberries and sunflower seeds.
- Spread into an 8×8 pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
I should have added spoon to my ingredients list.