Wanna know where I’m going? Wanna know who won my very first giveaway? Wanna know what the winner will be receiving in a few short days?!
Let’s start backwards, shall we?
These cookies are the biggity bomb. It has bananas. It has oats. It has walnuts. It has chocolate chips. It’s a mix between banana bread and a chocolate chip cookie. You interested? I was!
My batch made about 35.
I ate one.
That’s a lie. I ate 3.
I promise I left the winner more than enough!
Unless, you’re greedy like me! Really close to insatiable!
Also, Binks had two. He tells the truth and is not so greedy. Just greedy enough to take his two.
Now about the cookies – they are delicious. Remember when I said they were like clouds? They are. Banana-y, chocolate-y, oat-y clouds!
I made several changes to adapt it to my taste and because I want you to be eating clouds too, here ya go:
Banana-Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies
– Adapted from Martha Stewart Recipes
– 3/4 c all-purpose flour
– 3/4 c whole wheat flour
– 1 tsp kosher salt
– 1/2 tsp baking soda
– 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flaxseed, 3 tbsp water)
– 3/4 c butter
– 1/2 c sugar
– 1/2 c brown sugar
– 2 tsp vanilla
– 3 medium bananas (the riper, the better)
– 1 cup oats
– 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
– 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Sift together flour and baking soda. Add salt. Set aside.
3. In separate bowl, add butter and sugar and cream for approx. 3 minutes until light and creamy.
4. On low speed, add in eggs and vanilla.
5. Mix in banana.
6. Add flour mixture into banana mix.
7. Mix until combined.
8. Add oats, chocolate chips and walnuts.
9. Drop onto parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. Bake for 6 minutes. Then, rotate sheet and bake for another 6 minutes, until golden brown.
10. Very important – cool on wire racks for at least 5 minutes.
Oh silly me! I almost forgot about the winner! And the mystery vacation location!
I thought my initial request for you all to guess was so ridiculously broad that no one would get it and I would just have to use a random choice to pick a winner. Well, turns out one of you insightful individuals hit the nail on the head!
So, congratulations to:
Zoe @ Simply Seasonal!! I hope you enjoy the cookies and the little extra!!
What did Zoe say? “I’d guess India. The Taj Mahal??”
Well she got the first part right. Binks and I are from two different parts of India – he from the North, me from the South. It doesn’t seem like a big deal but it is – it’s a big difference – language, food, culture, etc.
Well, a little history about me – I grew up in Kerala.
My 96-year old grandfather (my only remaining grandparent) is getting older, and I spent a considerable part of my childhood with him in Kerala. I have always wanted to go back to make sure that my family there, especially my grandfather, met Binks!
So, as you can imagine, this trip is very near and dear to my heart. I am very excited to go, and all the hustle and bustle of this week was well worth it.
I will be back in two weeks, but I hope to get a post or two in when I’m there! Until then, have a great day, a great week, and thank you all so much for reading!