Oatmeal, if nothing else, should be adored for its versatility. While oatmeal typically hits our subconscious “healthy” nerve, there are ways that you can make this ‘everyday’ grain not so ‘everyday’.
For instance, imagine adding a scoop of ice cream (which I need to try!) or placing a slice of birthday cake on top. The idea of combining a wholesome bowl of oatmeal with a decadent addition is the feeling you get when you watch/are the good girl falling for the bad boy (i.e. Grease, Dirty Dancing, etc).
And, it feels good.
And, I have fallen………………….hard.
As the movie progresses, you realize that the bad boy, despite his rough (chocolate-y) exterior and sexy dancing skills, really is a genuine person who is quite heart-healthy.
So, when you crave something sinful for breakfast, don’t let anyone stop you from having and enjoying what your heart desires. After all, nobody puts Olie in a corner.
Double Chocolate Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Silk Pure Almond Dark Chocolate milk
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 1 small pinch of salt
- Mash banana in a bowl.
- Add oats, flax seeds, chia seeds and salt. Mix until combined.
- Add almond milk and stir to combine.
- Cover bowl and store overnight.
- The next morning, the liquid will completely soak into the oats.
- Pour another 1/2 cup of Silk Pure Almond Dark Chocolate milk into your bowl.
What’s your favorite good girl/bad boy movie? What’s your favorite movie? How do you jazz up your oatmeal?