Nope. Not an ordinary sugar cookie. I’m all about food surprises. Talk about being given an unassuming sugar cookie only to bite in to find this.
My sister came over and she wanted to bake. As if I would say no. My sister does whatever she can to incorporate Nutella or Biscoff to anything and everything she eats. No joke. I know because she’s polished of several Biscoff and Nutella jars in my house before I had the chance to get to them. She also loves sugar cookies – more than chocolate chip cookies – she’s one of those.
We got our bake on. And we got creative. My sister did this. Obviously.
I wouldn’t recommend topping with Nutella unless you intend to serve and eat right away because the Nutella doesn’t necessary ‘set’. These cookies were served and eaten right away.
Nutella Stuffed Sugar Cookies
- adapted from Cookin’ Canuck
- sugar cookie dough
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- Using a teaspoon measure, scoop out spoonfuls of Nutella onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Prepare your sugar cookie dough.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out one piece of dough into your hand. Split the dough in half and flatten both halves. Place a frozen Nutella piece in the middle of one piece. Top that with the other flattened piece. Seal the edges with your fingers. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough. Place each dough two inches apart.
- Bake 10 minutes, rotating the sheet half-way through the baking. Remove from the oven after 10 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool in baking sheet for 10 minutes. Remove from baking sheet and cool on a cookie rack. Feel free to eat them warm, as well.